Blog-Blocked

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Orange Juice and Goat Milking Geniuses

At this moment there is a playlist on my blog that has a song by Otis Redding that is titled something like "Sittin' On the Dock of the Bay."  I enjoy this song.  I enjoy even more Sara bareilles' version while having rainymood.com on another tab.  That's just how I roll.

Tonight there is a Ward barbecue.  I'm pretty pumped for it since I can't remember when was the last time I went to a barbecue.  The occasion is to celebrate the marriage of a couple in the Ward.  They're having a bridal shower before the guys come over for the food.  It's great to see people take that important step, especially in a Singles Ward.  I don't know the couple extremely well, but I'm nonetheless happy for them.

I got some orange juice on Thursday.  It was sweet.
Mary, the mother of the family that I rent my room from, has resumed asking me when I'm going to get married.  Before Merilee and I broke up, Mary and I used to joke about me and Merilee starting our family out of the 100 square feet that I currently rent.  This week, Merilee and I decided to try dating again and Mary has naturally resumed the talk of marriage.  Mary and her husband, Dave, were talking about getting hitched on their second date.  I don't know what it must be like to have that happen.  Scary?  That's probably what I would have thought of the situation had it happened to me.  I've heard even more seemingly insane stories and they make me wonder why things can be so different with different couples.  Some just know right off, others take obnoxious amounts of time, and then there's plenty in between.  I don't think it really matters which kind of couple you end up being; what's more important is being happy while you are together.

This was a good week for school.  At least I think.  I aced my calculus exam from last week.  I was worried because I had left the exam feeling good but all my classmates were discussing how hard it was.  When people were getting their scores, most were content with a "C" or ecstatic with a "B".  I worried because my goal is always to have 4.0 status each semester, and doing poorly on this exam would have pretty much killed that chance for this semester.  I got it back on Monday and I did really well, so I'm happy about that.  I also had a physics exam on Tuesday.  I wasn't worried about it.  I was so not worried in fact, that I went for style points and forwent writing up a page of notes with all the formulas for reference on the exam.  I should get it back on Monday.

Merilee says I'm really smart.  I feel bad for being labeled as "smart" sometimes.  I think that being smart shouldn't just be being able to do things that others think they can't do.  There's a lot of things that others excel at that I don't think I could ever excel at.  These things include things like doily making, goat milking, advice giving, singing, writing in cursive, tickling, and whispering.  I don't think that I should be labeled as a genius because I know how to take symbols on a piece of paper and rearrange them into other symbols.  Anyways, I don't know where I was going with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment