Blog-Blocked

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Looking Forward. To Change.



Sunday Drive
I wish I had more callus.  On my fingers, so I could play the guitar better and with less pain, and on my feet, so I could run barefoot for more than 10 minutes without my feet starting to burn and blister.  It doesn't grow overnight, unfortunately.

So things have just been changing for me around here in the bay.  Last week, the Schulls packed up and left for Southern California.  The picture of the U-Haul wasn't theirs, but it was somebody's.  Man that does not look like fun.  Anyways, with the Schulls out of the area, things will definitely be different.  I will seriously miss the food but even more will I miss the people. 

Merilee's Favorite Goat
Paul and Melanie are getting ready to sell their house and move down there as well.  Paul says that he's excited to start a new adventure and I'm happy for him.  It's been a crazy ride up here in Dublin.  I can't imagine what it must feel like to be leaving this area after everything that's happened.  Exhilarating, because life certainly hasn't been easy here, but also sad because, well, change just feels sad sometimes.  I think.  Also, starting up in a new place, leaving the familiar for the unknown, it can all be a great cause for fear or excitement, or both.

Halloween
What's that on her finger?!
After Paul and Melanie go, I'm pretty much all that's left.  Mom went to Washington, Dad is gone, my sisters are in Utah, Mansur is off doing his thing, and now Paul is moving too.  Grandpa Ron and I will stick together for a while but I'm pretty sure he's just going to end up moving down to Southern California too.  Oh well, I gave up on him adopting me a long time ago anyways.  The only thing I got going for me so I don't end up totally alone is the fact that I'll have some new family in the area in July.  So that's pretty exciting.

Here's some fancy pictures in case some of you weren't at Dad's funeral and didn't meet Merilee.
A fox wearing a fox hat
Buried in twigs.




No comments:

Post a Comment