Blog-Blocked

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Sicker than Your Mom

I'm sick: sick of getting sick.  Saturday I came down with the same thing that I've gotten twice already since the beginning of the year.  ...and now I sound like my mom.  I love you mom.  Anyways, if you get the reoccurring Charles Virus, here are the symptoms, ordered from most uncomfortable to most bearable:

#1 - Aching Bones
-It's mainly the back, neck, and the back of the skull that hurt, but it can travel down to the lower body as well.

#2 - Headache and Lightheadedness
-This is mainly related to the aching at the back of the skull and neck, but the rest of your head can hurt too and you get sort of dizzy.

#3 - Drowsiness
-Get some sleep or you might will turn into a zombie.  Once you get enough sleep, you are fine.

#4 - Fake Fever
-You will feel warm like you're radiating heat.  You will sweat (especially if cuddling closely with someone), but you will not have a temperature and might not even feel warm to the touch.

#5 - Dehydration
-It doesn't matter how much water you drink.  For some reason you are always thirsty, and your pee is dark like apple juice.  Yum.

#6 - Stomach
-The first time I felt nauseated, and I didn't eat anything for like 3 days.  Then, my stomach had this weird feeling like there was a lump at the base of the esophagus that I only felt while breathing or eating.  The second and this last time, I didn't feel nauseated, but still felt this weird lump.

The best remedy I've found: Go search in Mary's medicine cabinet and commandeer the acetaminophen, take two, and wait 30 minutes.  Sleep if you feel tired.  The aching bones subside (and as a consequence your head feels a lot better too).  You are left feeling slightly warm but you feel loads greater than before.  Things are looking up.  Just keep drinking water and you'll be fine.

In other news, I find both squirrels and deer to be acceptable game.

My Deer/Squirrel Haiku:

Deer graze squirrels climb
God's garden hosts all beauty
Pearls before swine

There are some things that make you feel worse than being sick.  Like when people think little of what should be respected and valued.  This video makes me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment