Blog-Blocked

Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Blood of Angry Men

So I had neglected to post my last post for a couple weeks because I thought I still needed to finish it.  I was wrong.  Racist and wrong.  It's not the first time.  Last night, in fact, I was wrong in assuming that not wearing red was okay.  I guess I should have asked first.  It was good though.  Merilee and I got taken out to dinner by the Schulls.  It had been a while since we had seen them, so it was great to catch up and talk about things.  They repeated the usual admonition to make the pilgrimage to Disneyland, to which we gave the usual reply saying that we would once we knew where I got in to school.

I won't hear anything back from the schools probably until April, which stinks.  I can pretty much assume I'm going to Calpoly based on my GPA and such, but you know what they say about when you assume.

It's been interesting in my engineering classes lately.  We've had several former Las Positas engineering student visitors talking about their transfer experience.  One girl got like a 2.9 gpa from Fresno State doing civil engineering and her first job is paying her 60k a year.  She had an advantage with her experience working on a special water drainage project at school that related to the job she was interviewing for with PG&E.  It got me excited, because if I reach my goal of getting a master's degree from CalPoly, I would probably be making more than that (and I'm kind of excited to make more than $8.25 an hour).

Another visitor was a San Jose student (my backup school) and he had a lot to say regarding the difference between a UC and a CSU when it comes to engineering.  Basically, what I took away from the visitors was the importance of projects, lab, and internship experience.

I've almost got a job at the Tutorial Center at Las Positas.  I've had to jump through various hoops in the bureaucratic financial aid system to do it but it should be coming together soon and I can start working again.  Until then I've pretty much just been doing school and working out.  Both are going well.  Don and I start week 4 of P90X tomorrow.  Then we're about one third done with the program.

Well everything is going really great.  Merilee and I are doing really well.  I don't have to report her to the police anymore for having a MO driver's license.

No comments:

Post a Comment